Saturday, August 21, 2010

CO2 Laser

Facts:
CO2 laser emits lights in the infra red region. It is highly specific for water. Our living tissues comprise about 80% water. When it is defocused, it becomes less powerful and it can enable the laser to vaporise superficial payers of the skin like warts, skin tags or small growth. It can also be used to coagulate unwanted vessels. Surgeons also use it like a scalpel for cutting or making incisions. It has the advantage over the scalpel because it can cut without bleeding. It reduces post-operative infections, bleeding, and pain. Wound heals faster and better.

My experience:
Please don't do this. Not sure it's because my age problem =p the recovery is SLOOOOOWWW, the scars still apparent on my forehead. Doctor advised it suppose to heal my scars, but it left me a light scar on my forehead, luckily I insisted to try on a small area.

No comments: